Bees and agriculture belong together – bees are important crop pollinators and forage on flowering crops. Regulation addresses mainly honey bees, but other pollinators are coming more into focus as well. BeeSafe addresses issues in this area with consulting services and expertise.
Services for agrochemical industry:
- Monitoring services for higher tier and exposure studies.
- Reviews for precise study planning addressing data gaps.
- Expertise and summary reports on exposure and pollination needs.
Services for authorities:
- Expertise on protection goals and risk mitigation measures.
- Courses on bee biology, habitat needs and pollination.
- Communication with beekeepers and a general public.
Services for honey bee health
Bee health and veterinary products for bees are a core competence of BeeSafe, with long experience in clinical studies in different European countries (Germany, Italy, Spain, France and UK) and related services. Veterinarians needing practical advice find a reliable partner in BeeSafe with courses and expertise.
Industry producing bee health products address BeeSafe for:
- Clinical studies for testing efficacy and safety of their product according to European guidance (GCP studies).
- Consulting on clinical and preclinical data for part IV of the dossier.
- Expert Reports for registration.
- Literature review for development of new bee health products.
Veterinarians working with bees get support with:
- Webinars and online courses about honey bee pathology.
- Consulting on specific issues/cases (1:1 training).
- Training in good practices and animal welfare for honey bees.
Learning about bees
Bees and pollinators are fascinating. BeeSafe is a navigator through the world of bees, their biology and ecology. I translate bee science for you – whether you’re a beginner in bee matters or already have some experience.
Bees connect to many different topics:
- Nature lovers want to get general information about bees – what is a bee and why are they important?
- Gardeners may want to improve their garden for pollinators and need some tips.
- Agricultural schools and extension services need information about specific pollination requirements of different crops.
- Beekeepers want to keep their colonies healthy.
BeeSafe translates bee science into practicable concepts for these different needs.